Shootings in Chicago over the weekend have wounded at least 11 people, including a 17-year-old boy.
The boy got into a verbal argument with another person in the 1900 block of N. Spaulding at approximately 4 p.m. Friday afternoon. He was shot in the arm, back, and chest, and was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital in critical condition, according to police.
10 more people have been wounded, with five people being shot on Friday and at least six people being shot on Saturday. No one has been killed in weekend violence as of Saturday night.
- A man was walking in the 7100 block of S. Ellis at approximately 2:18 p.m. when he heard gunshots. The 49-year-old was struck in the leg, and was taken to South Shore Hospital in stable condition.
- A 52-year-old man was shot in the leg on the 2500 block of S. Troy. The shooting, which took place just before 4 p.m., occurred while the man was sitting on the side of a residence. A man approached and fired a shot, which grazed the man. He was transported to Mt. Sinai in good condition.
- A verbal argument in the 1900 block of N. Spaulding ended with a 17-year-old boy sustaining multiple gunshot wounds. The shooting, which took place just after 4 p.m., left the boy with gunshot wounds to his arm, back, and chest, and he was taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital in critical condition.
- A 22-year-old man was shot in the head and right shoulder at 10:30 p.m. in the 7900 block of S. Springfield. The man was taken to Christ Hospital in serious condition. He was sitting in a car when a silver Lexus pulled up and one of the occupants opened fire. No one is in custody.
- A 36-year-old man was shot in the right leg while standing outside in the 3300 block of W. Flournoy. The shooting occurred at 11:35 p.m. when a man in a car fired shots at the 36-year-old. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition.
- On the 300 block of N. Lorel, a 24-year-old man was shot in the leg at approximately 2:16 a.m. He was taken to West Suburban Hospital in good condition.
- An 18-year-old man was standing on the sidewalk in the 200 block of S. Kildare when he was shot in the leg. A white Chevy Malibu pulled up at approximately 2:18 a.m., and a man exited the vehicle and fired shots at the victim. The teenager was taken to Mt. Sinai in fair condition.
- A 23-year-old man was sitting in a car in the 6400 block of S. Hoyne at approximately 6:09 a.m. when a silver sedan pulled up alongside the car, and an occupant inside fired shots at him. The man suffered a gunshot wound on his hand and a graze wound to the neck, and was taken to Christ Hospital in stable condition.
- An 18-year-old man was shot in the wrist in the 8000 block of S. Crandon at approximately 11:17 a.m. Police said that the victim’s story has been inconsistent, and the gunshot wound may have been self-inflicted. He was taken to South Shore Hospital in stable condition.
- At 6:39 p.m., a 52 year old man got into a verbal altercation with another person, and was shot in the leg. The shooting, which occurred in the 5500 block of S. Bishop, left the man in stable condition at Stroger Hospital.
- A 33-year-old woman suffered a graze wound to her ear when she was shot in the 6200 block of S. King. She refused medical attention after the shooting, which took place at approximately 8:23 p.m.